In the world of industry, the question of profitability is an essential subject. Actually, the margin that an industrial production site can generate is one of the main indicators followed by its operators. For industries that produce bulk, sales are dependent on the loading capacity of each site. Indeed, this strategic aspect can be improved by increasing the quantity of loads from plants, but for it to be done, processes must be well thought out.
As a preamble, industrials are wondering: how to transform an installation into an intelligent factory? What are the elements to take into account before starting? What are the appropriate questions to ask? How to better manage flows within a plant?
Identify strategic steps in a plant’s operations
Before starting a project as significant as a plant transformation, it is crucial to ask yourself a series of questions and to identify the levers for improvement. In other words, it is important to understand the existing flows:
- How to determine the ” standard flow ” according to the specificities of the production site and its layout?
- What are the steps involved in the flow?
- Today, on my site, which stage is the most delicate?
In such a context, certain steps are essential to improve the overall operation. For example :
- Access control: Check in,
- Queue management and supervision,
- Automated weighing: checking the exactness of the measurement,
- Automated loading.
An efficient management of these key steps can be achieved thanks to a statistical follow-up on dashboards allowing the realization of reporting.
Collect the most relevant data to use
In most companies, a lot of data already exists without ever being centralized on a visualization tool. They are therefore not exploited in a global way. Automating the data collection directly from the production site, and thus obtaining an immediate feedback, allows a real-time analysis.
And therefore :
- Gain visibility and anticipate malfunctions,
- Eliminate waiting time at certain stages of the on-site flow,
- Curative maintenance,
- To be alerted when critical thresholds are reached.
It is precisely on this process of data collection and exploitation that IBITEK group can bring its expertise to industries. This support can answer several essential needs such as :
- Increasing the machines’ availability,
- Optimization of loading performance,
- Improvement of client service,
- Reduction of energy consumption.
The expected benefits when developing a connected factory
By adopting a change of this nature, industry leaders are looking to improve their productivity, but not exclusively. There are also many other benefits to be gained:
- Streamline truck routing and reduce queuing,
- Optimize dock assignment by reducing errors,
- Increase the quality of service,
- Ensuring greater control over incoming goods,
- Reinforce security and traceability of entries and exits on site.
All these optimizations allow to improve the profitability linked to the main activity of the production site by about 20%, based on the feedback received by IBITEK group!
IBITEK is at your side to assist you in facilitating this adaptation to your environment, with the aim of gaining in efficiency and productivity.By bringing intelligence into the processes and by putting Human at the heart of the digital environment.